- Skunk is a Postgres library for Scala.
- Skunk is powered by cats, cats-effect, scodec, and fs2.
- Skunk is purely functional, non-blocking, and provides a tagless-final API.
- Skunk gives very good error messages.
- Skunk embraces the Scala Code of Conduct.
- Skunk is pre-release software! Code and documentation are under active development!
Skunk is published for Scala 2.12, 2.13, and 3 on JVM, Node.js, and Native. It can be included in your project thus:
libraryDependencies += "org.tpolecat" %% "skunk-core" % "0.6.0"
How to Learn
- We assume you are comfortable with Postgres.
- We assume you are comfortable with cats, cats-effect, and fs2.
- If not, give it a try anyway! If you run into trouble the linked websites have many learning resources.
To learn about Skunk:
- Come chat on Discord.
- Skunk is featured in the book Practical FP in Scala by Gabriel Volpe.
- tpolecat did a talk on Skunk's architecture at Scala Days 2019 at EPFL.
How to Contribute
- Test it out!
- If you see a typo in the doc, click the link at the bottom and fix it!
- If you find a bug, open an issue (or fix it and open a PR) at our GitHub Repository.
- If you want to make a larger contribution please open an issue first so we can discuss.