This page outlines known third-party learning and training material (free and paid) dedicated to Cats Effect.
- Essential Effects by Adam Rosien - How to safely create, compose, and execute effectful Scala programs using the Typelevel cats-effect library.
- Practical FP in Scala: A hands-on approach by Gabriel Volpe - A practical book aimed for those familiar with functional programming in Scala who are yet not confident about architecting an application from scratch.
- Scala with Cats Effect by Daniel Ciocîrlan of Rock the JVM - a long-form, hands-on course covering all aspects of Cats Effect, with realistic examples and practice exercises.
- What is an Effect?, Adam Rosien, Inner Product LLC:
We often use the term effect when talking about the behavior of our code. But what is an effect? Can we talk about effects in precise ways, in order to write better programs that we can better understand?
- Cats Effect Fibers, Daniel Ciocîrlan, Rock the JVM
A beginner-friendly introduction to fibers and the parallelism model of Cats Effect, with guidance on how to use essential operators on fibers.
- Time traveling in tests with Cats Effect, Krzysztof Ciesielski, SoftwareMill.
Timeouts, retries, and other error scenarios while testing.
These are some selected videos on various topics in Cats Effect: